The Fast Track Instructor Scheme
If you'd like to develop a career in the outdoors, our well-established fast track training programme could provide the ideal launch pad.
Over this intensive and exciting four-month training period you'll work towards a clutch of National Governing Body Awards, gather a huge amount of experience and develop your personal skills.
What's more, when you leave you'll take with you the respect and recognition that comes with having been trained at the National Mountain Centre
Rubbing shoulders with the instructors, you'll stay in on-site accommodation seven days a week at Plas y Brenin, even though your course only runs Monday to Friday. That way there will be options to either join in with other courses taking place at the weekends or simply go climbing or paddling with your new-found friends at the National Mountain Centre. What's more, you'll enjoy three hearty meals a day, overlooking Snowdon in our scenic dining room.
Check out this short video put together media students from Salford University, showcasing the Fast Track Instructor Scheme.
During this intensive and exciting course you'll receive personal skills training in kayaking, open canoeing, hill and mountain walking, rock climbing, orienteering, first aid, risk awareness and hazard management.
As part of a personalised programme, you may complete coaching and leadership training courses for the following CWA, SPA, WGL, ML Summer, REC First Aid at Work, BCU/UKCC Level 1 Certificate and British Cycling Level 2 in Mountain Bike Leadership Training.
For those with a greater range of experience, and perhaps some of the above qualifications, it may be possible to work towards or complete some of the following - ML Winter, IML training, MIA training, BCU/UKCC Level 2 Certificate, BCU WW Safety and Rescue and REC First Aid Trainer.
At the end of four months with us you'll be able to look back on an incredible experience, during which you will have:
- Been Coached by the leaders in the field.
- Paddled and climbed alongside the most experienced coaches and instructors in the country.
- Been able to use the Plas y Brenin name to open doors in the outdoor industry.
- Benefited from our vast array of experience working in the outdoor industry.
- Received input from long-term career professionals every day.
- Had access to a fantastic range of equipment.
- Stayed in excellent accommodation in the beating heart of the UK Outdoor scene.
- Trained in a variety of teaching and coaching styles.
- Spent 4 months with like-minded people.
- Had the greatest chance possible to achieve your potential as a climber, paddler, mountain biker and mountaineer.
- Had access to a mentor at every stage of your development.
- Worked towards gaining a wide variety of National Governing Body qualifications - given your start point experience.
- Saved up to 10 days of assessment credits at Plas y Brenin so you can return later in the year to attend National Governing Body assessment courses free of charge.
To help streamline your career development even further, our staff will be able to guide you through registration with each of the necessary national governing bodies helping you to understand the progression and pre-requirements for each scheme. You will be expected to cover the cost of each registration yourself.
The course cost includes all meals, accommodation and equipment hire during the four months.
If you're interested, why not give us a call and talk things through. If you woudl like an in depth insight into what the Fast Track Instructor Scheme is all about, why not arrange to pop down to see us and have a chat.
To arrange an appointment call Rob Spencer on 01690 720107 or e-mail email@example.com
£10,600 (80 Days)
Dates Available: 4 Jan - 19 Apr