Full & Part Time Kitchen Assistants
We're busier than ever at here at Plas y Brenin. With so many people visitingThe National Mountain Sports Centre we need to work even harder to make sure they enjoy the best possible food during their stay. That's why we are recruiting more caterting asstants to join our highly motivated team on both a full and part time basis.
If you'd like to work in this incredible location and enjoy the many benefits that come with working at a world class mountain sports centre get in touch now.
Phone Phil Cousins on 01690 720118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the Instructor Scheme is to provide good quality training, followed by a season of instructional work on a variety of National Centre courses where you will receive supervision and guidance. This will provide a good grounding for work in outdoor instruction, coaching teaching or guiding.
The minimum pre-requirements for the scheme are that you hold a Summer ML Award and are registered with the MTUK for the Mountaineering Instructor Scheme and/or Aspirant Level 5 Coach / UKCC Level 3.
Other outdoor qualifications and skills will be an advantage, in particular mountain bike leadership.
You need to be a minimum of 21 years of age and have held a full UK drivers licence for at least two years (D1 category is very desirable) in order to comply with our minibus driving restrictions.
Details of the scheme are as follows:
- It will extend from Wednesday 11th February 2015 to Friday 30th October 2015.
- There will be three weeks of intensive training and observation during which you will not be paid.
- A salary will be paid during the rest of the time.
- The Centre runs a seven day programme and instructors will average two days off per week.
- The work rota and any leave due will be arranged at the discretion of the senior management.
- With the exception of the training weeks, food will not be provided. However, on working days packed lunch will be provided, together with an evening meal if working after 7.00pm.
- Some equipment will be available from Stores for use by Instructors on the scheme.
- 18 days holiday will be provided during the Scheme, 7 days of which will be used as training days.
- Plas y Brenin reserve the right to terminate any arrangement without notice.
This scheme has been used as a successful springboard for many Instructors who have moved into an outdoor career. If you would like to apply, please complete and return the application form to email@example.com, feel free to provide any additional information that you think is relevant.
Please ensure that you include an email address on your application form as all correspondence will be via email.
The closing date for applications is Monday 13th October 2014.
Successful applicants will be invited to an interview on Wednesday 22nd October 2014.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org at Plas y Brenin should you require any further information.