Deputy Manager x 2
Salary & Benefits - £14,000 - £16,000 depending on experience. Accommodation can be included
Are you organised, ready to take on a challenge and full of ambition?
If you're nodding your head right now then read on…..
To lead the daily operation of the centre to deliver an excellent guest experience to all visitors. This includes ensuring activities and programmes delivered on centre are delivered to a high standard and all facilities are fit for use in both terms of quality and safety.
In addition to the above, you would take control of the operational duties involved in running a Climbing Centre and Residential Activity Centre. These would include; staff training/development, wall maintenance and equipment inspection and up keep.
The role is to commence in March 2015, and would be based off a 40-hour working week, with a rolling shift pattern to include; weekdays, evenings and weekends. It offers both competitive pay and generous benefits, with the opportunity to work for an exciting and expanding outdoor company.
Experience and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be a self-motivated team leader who will ideally have the following attributes:
- Proven track record of team management or team based work
- a comprehensive understanding of health and safety protocols within indoor climbing environments
- Past experience at delivering in-house staff training, as well as plotting staff development paths
- Climbing Wall Award or Single Pitch Award + Other Outdoor Qualifications
Although previous experience and qualifications would be advantageous we will consider applications from anyone who feels they could successfully fill the role.
If you're up to the challenge, then we want to hear from you. Based in North Devon our Centre is a vibrant and highly energetic place to work.
For the right person, this is the perfect opportunity to develop your career in a quickly growing company. So if you think you've got the management skills, the desire to learn and think on your feet and the ambition to drive your career forward, send over your CV to Rachel and tell her why you are the right person for the role.
Closing Date: February 28th 2015
Plas y Brenin recruits centre assistants on a fifteen-month volunteer programme each year to cover a number of essential and varied functions. Centre Assistants volunteer 40 hours per week and in exchange for this they receive:
- Full board and accommodation in a shared cottage or accommodation on site
- A number of National Governing Body Training and Assessment courses as available and appropriate (individuals are responsible for NGB registration costs)
- Opportunities to attend skills courses
- Some outdoor clothing
- Re-imbursement of expenses of £60.00 per week
- Three months of this will be on our introductory summer instructional programme at a level relevant to their experience, and dependent on successful completion of National Governing Body Awards
- 35 days leave over the 15 month period
- Various tasks around the centre
- Coaching once appropriately qualified and experienced
- Responsibility for security of the building between 5.15pm - 8.45am.
- Minibus collection of students from station
- Welcoming students/ guests at reception, showing to rooms etc
- Dealing with telephone enquiries during the evening
- Co-ordinating the Fire Drill when alarm sounds
- Providing First Aid for guests as required or respond by contacting Emergency Services
The assistants will:
- Be keen outdoor enthusiasts looking to become leaders and instructors
- Reasonable level of office and IT skills
- Have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Be flexible and mature in their approach to day to day tasks and happy to participate fully in a range of commitments • Make a fifteen month commitment to Plas-y-Brenin beginning 25th May 2015
- Positively promote and represent the interests of MTT and Plas-y-Brenin in all their work
- Be a minimum age of 21 years and have held a full UK drivers licence for at least two years (D1 category is very desirable) in order to comply with our minibus driving restrictions
If you would like to apply, please complete and return the enclosed application form, feel free to provide any additional information that you think is relevant. Please ensure that you include an email address on your application form as all correspondence will be via email.
There is no flexibility in the start date for the Centre Assistant Scheme of 25th May 2015. The finishing date of the 30th August 2016 is also fixed. This includes three months work on the Summer Introductory Activity Programme.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 12th February 2015.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th February 2015 and applicants will be notified in due course.
Please return application forms to email@example.com
Mountain Leaders Required
British Exploring are recruiting for the following roles:
For British Exploring's new outreach programme, Operation Aspire: Transylvania 2015.
You will be part of the team delivering this exciting new outreach programme run by British Exploring. Delivered in partnership with the Youth United Foundation, Operation Aspire is targeted primarily at disadvantaged young people from the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
The aim of the programme is to offer young people from Youth United Member Organisations a chance learn about themselves and develop essential skills through a UK based training programme followed by a dedicated 3 week expedition in summer 2015. Provisional dates for the programme are as follows:
- Leader Induction Weekend 6th – 8th February 2015
- Leader Training Weekend 13th-15th March 2015
- Explorer Induction Weekend 24th – 26th April 2015
- Explorer Training Week 26th – 31st May 2015
- Overseas Expedition (TBC) 22nd July - 11th August 2015
The job description and details of how to apply online can be found here alongside further information about Operation Aspire.
Please submit your application ASAP.
Recruitment will be on going until suitable candidates are found.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7591 3141 and speak to Jo or Caroline
Please be aware that this is a voluntary position however all expenses relating to the programme, including flights, food, accommodation and group equipment, will be paid throughout. www.britishexploring.org