The Operations Manager will take responsibility for all activity associated with water-based operations, less technical maintenance and renewal, including the operation, full utilization and commercial development of the Wavegarden Surfing Lagoon, and the Activity Lagoon.
- In conjunction with the Site management team, develop the optimum system of operation for the Wavegarden Lagoon, balancing maximum income streams with the need for a safe and secure operational structure.
- Develop and implement a competence verification and safeto-surf certification process for clients wishing to ride the advanced and intermediate waves.
- Develop and implement an instructional and personal development surf academy.
- In conjunction with the Site management team, develop the optimum system of operation for the Activity Lagoon, balancing maximum income streams with the need for a safe and secure operational structure.
- Train a team of surf instructors, lifeguards, supervisors and Wavegarden operators to a high standard, and introduce a robust and practical staff rota system.
- Present and maintain an excellent standard of customer service.
- Ensure a safe environment for both staff and guests to operate in.
- Ensure accurate and timely Health and Safety/quality audits are conducted.
- Set, monitor and control all operations budgets and financial accounting for the wave and activity lagoon. • Ensure accurate and timely completion of all operational paperwork.
- Responsibility for the ordering and tracking of all the activity equipment.
- Responsibility for the maintenance, repair and security of Surf Snowdonia surfing ancillary equipment, such as surf boards and wetsuits.
- Create and implement a comprehensive multifaceted working activity programme.
- Deliver pre-season training for Water Activity Operations staff and continued one to one and group training throughout the season.
To apply, please email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is the 31st January.
Plas y Brenin recruits centre assistants on a fifteen-month volunteer programme each year to cover a number of essential and varied functions. Centre Assistants volunteer 40 hours per week and in exchange for this they receive:
- Full board and accommodation in a shared cottage or accommodation on site
- A number of National Governing Body Training and Assessment courses as available and appropriate (individuals are responsible for NGB registration costs)
- Opportunities to attend skills courses
- Some outdoor clothing
- Re-imbursement of expenses of £60.00 per week
- Three months of this will be on our introductory summer instructional programme at a level relevant to their experience, and dependent on successful completion of National Governing Body Awards
- 35 days leave over the 15 month period
- Various tasks around the centre
- Coaching once appropriately qualified and experienced
- Responsibility for security of the building between 5.15pm - 8.45am.
- Minibus collection of students from station
- Welcoming students/ guests at reception, showing to rooms etc
- Dealing with telephone enquiries during the evening
- Co-ordinating the Fire Drill when alarm sounds
- Providing First Aid for guests as required or respond by contacting Emergency Services
The assistants will:
- Be keen outdoor enthusiasts looking to become leaders and instructors
- Reasonable level of office and IT skills
- Have a friendly and outgoing personality
- Be flexible and mature in their approach to day to day tasks and happy to participate fully in a range of commitments • Make a fifteen month commitment to Plas-y-Brenin beginning 25th May 2015
- Positively promote and represent the interests of MTT and Plas-y-Brenin in all their work
- Be a minimum age of 21 years and have held a full UK drivers licence for at least two years (D1 category is very desirable) in order to comply with our minibus driving restrictions
If you would like to apply, please complete and return the enclosed application form, feel free to provide any additional information that you think is relevant. Please ensure that you include an email address on your application form as all correspondence will be via email.
There is no flexibility in the start date for the Centre Assistant Scheme of 25th May 2015. The finishing date of the 30th August 2016 is also fixed. This includes three months work on the Summer Introductory Activity Programme.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 12th February 2015.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 25th February 2015 and applicants will be notified in due course.
Please return application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowles has unexpectedly got a place still available on its 2015/16 Trainee Scheme which starts this February. Accommodation included. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who wants to add experience and qualifications to a determination to be a great instructor and get a foot onto the industry ladder at a leading centre.
Spend up to 18 months learning from our experienced team, gaining all the right tools to become a valued outdoor Instructor: Learn to engage and occupy young people in a professional way. Access our amazing facilities to learn new outdoor sports and grow existing skills. Gain nationally recognised qualifications. Work hard and make a genuine contribution to a great charity.
if you have any questions please contact us: email@example.com
Mountain Leaders Required
British Exploring are recruiting for the following roles:
For British Exploring's new outreach programme, Operation Aspire: Transylvania 2015.
You will be part of the team delivering this exciting new outreach programme run by British Exploring. Delivered in partnership with the Youth United Foundation, Operation Aspire is targeted primarily at disadvantaged young people from the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.
The aim of the programme is to offer young people from Youth United Member Organisations a chance learn about themselves and develop essential skills through a UK based training programme followed by a dedicated 3 week expedition in summer 2015. Provisional dates for the programme are as follows:
- Leader Induction Weekend 6th – 8th February 2015
- Leader Training Weekend 13th-15th March 2015
- Explorer Induction Weekend 24th – 26th April 2015
- Explorer Training Week 26th – 31st May 2015
- Overseas Expedition (TBC) 22nd July - 11th August 2015
The job description and details of how to apply online can be found here alongside further information about Operation Aspire.
Please submit your application ASAP.
Recruitment will be on going until suitable candidates are found.
Please send any queries to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7591 3141 and speak to Jo or Caroline
Please be aware that this is a voluntary position however all expenses relating to the programme, including flights, food, accommodation and group equipment, will be paid throughout. www.britishexploring.org