Centre Assistant Training Scheme – Administration and Facility Operations
12 month placement target commencement date – June 2017
Tax free living allowance of £6,552 per annum plus benefits and opportunities
This is a residential appointment - there is a small monthly charge for food and accommodation of £120 per month which will be deducted from the living allowance stated above.
What do we want?
The National Mountain Sports Centre is offering a number of individuals a great opportunity for 12 months to develop their experience of centre and facility operations by joining our scheme at Plas y Brenin in Snowdonia. The National Centre is a busy, vibrant place that offers the very best in training, development and assessment across a broad range of adventure sports. It hosts conferences and events and welcomes elite sports teams who use Plas y Brenin as an ideal training base. We are in an unrivalled destination and every year welcome a broad range of customers – from those who simply want to improve their own skills to enjoy the outdoors to individuals who work professionally in the outdoor sector, both home and abroad.
We aspire to offer an exceptional customer experience - from the meet and greet on arrival to the fitting out of kit in our extensive stores. It’s not simply about providing world class instruction. Two essential activities are reception cover and night porter duties and it is these two roles that are the main focus of the scheme. Training will be provided for all duties and responsibilities that you will undertake at the Centre.
Plas y Brenin is a 7 day operation and that means evening and weekend duties, organised on a rota basis. Additionally there will be the opportunity to take on paid shifts around the Centre, in the kitchen, on the bar, working with the domestic team, assisting in stores, driving and helping out generally wherever the need arises. The training scheme is therefore ideal for someone who wants exposure to a busy centre and who is interested in facility operations or general management.
This scheme is not an instructor development programme – although you will get to know the instructional team and you will have every chance to observe, experience and join in pre-planned courses and events. Given you will be based at the centre, no doubt there are endless opportunities for adventures after work.
What’s in it for you apart from being at Plas y Brenin?
- It’s for 12 months
- It’s 36 hours per week
- You get 28 days leave (including public holidays)
- You are provided with accommodation - single room with shared facilities
- You get all your meals
- You receive a tax free living allowance of £6,552.This will be paid in monthly instalments minus £120 per month contribution towards accommodation and food.
- You will be given branded clothing
- You will be independent!
What you have to be!
- Interested in customer service and administration work and you also need to be IT literate.
- Of good character, reliable and self-motivated towards doing the right thing.
- Keen to learn.
- Good at being part of a team.
- Prepared to go the extra mile when the moment calls for it.
- Committed to being part of life in a busy outdoor facility.
- Over 21 years of age.
- Someone who has held a full UK driving licence for 2 years.
- Successful in undergoing an enhanced disclosure check.
Does any of the above interest you? If so send your CV and covering letter of application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 14th May 2017.
Interviews are scheduled for Wednesday 31st May 2017.
The likely start date is early June 2017 but we are flexible if this is problematic for the right person.