Background of Role:
This is a newly-created pivotal role within the commercial team at a long-established, highly-respected National Outdoor Centre. The role will suit a sales-centred, high-end business-to-business professional able to take ownership of day-to-day key account management and new business development activity in the corporate, education and membership organisation sectors.
The appointed individual will be responsible for a personal target of growing current key account revenue from c.£500k annually to over £1m annually. It is envisaged that for the right candidate significant personal development opportunities will exist over the next 3 years.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Key Account Development – maximisation of returns from existing key clients across the range of the Plas y Brenin product/solution offering. This will include, but not limited to corporate organisations, educational establishments (universities and schools) and membership organisations (sector and near-neighbour).
- Business Development – securing of new business across the range of the Plas y Brenin product/solution offering through self-generated and centrally generated leads.
- Proposal and Programme construction – structuring of innovative, profitable and compelling solutions to meet the needs of clients/potential clients.
- Close interaction with the Plas y Brenin Senior Leadership Team to ensure all key relationships and stakeholders are managed to optimise commercial returns.
- Close interaction with the broader commercial and operational team to ensure that solutions are developed and delivered in line with profitability and client expectations.
Key Role Accountabilities
- Delivery of agreed quarterly/annual sales and gross profit targets – both related to existing key account development and new business.
- Addition, annually, of an agreed number of new corporate and education sector clients in line with the Plas y Brenin growth plan.
- Operation at agreed activity levels for business development initiatives and pipeline development.
Additional Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly internal reporting and team meetings as required.
- Management, development and reporting of a personal pipeline.
- Production of all Sales Proposals for prospective clients in line with company standards and relevant updating of the company’s CRM system.
- Ongoing personal development in line with company programs, standards and protocols
- Involvement with the Senior Leadership Team in the development of on-going Plas y Brenin strategy as appropriate.
- Such other duties as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or marketing, or a related field.
- Relevant professional qualification in sales will be an advantage
- Experience in a similar role is desirable although not essential.
This position will be expected to perform the role of Duty Manager, on a shared rota with other members of the team. It will therefore be advantageous for the post holder to have the following:
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- A solid track record of sales performance in similar roles.
- An absolute “sales-focus” as well as a key track record of relationship development at a range of different levels and across different sectors.
- Key leadership, independent working and self-starter qualities.
- A clear cultural and personality fit with Plas y Brenin.
- A high level of business gravitas.
- High levels of computer literacy for day to day independent operation.
Also preferable is:
- Industry knowledge – exposure to or keen interest in the outdoor sector.
- A broad contact base – established network and track record of leveraging this.
- Strong financial literacy – experience of working to targets and managing profitable sales.
The role will be a combination of field/home-based and will require regular attendance at Plas y Brenin. Regular national travel will be a feature of the role.
The ability to communicate in Welsh would be advantageous.
How to apply
To apply, send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is midnight 30 September 2020.