Based in the beautiful heart of Snowdonia National Park, Plas y Brenin National Outdoor Centre has been training and assessing people from all walks of life in adventure sports since 1955.
Plas y Brenin is owned by Sport England as one of three National Sports Centres, and is run by the not-for-profit Mountain Training Trust. Our core mission is to help more people get active outdoors by providing world-class training and facilities to a wide range of customers; from those pursuing National Governing Body awards to others seeking to develop their own personal skills.
The centre combines a wide range of facilities into one location to enable Plas y Brenin to provide an immersive, all-inclusive experience that enables us to maximise the quality and quantity of training that we provide. These include:
- On-site accommodation for over 100 customers, ranging from bunkhouse-style dormitories to en-suite bedrooms
- Two climbing walls, one recently redeveloped to the highest standard
- A dedicated kayak rolling pool
- An abseil tower and low ropes course
- An outdoor store and shop facility, featuring equipment from leading outdoor brands to hire or purchase
- A gym
- A professional kitchen, dining room and bar
- A range of classrooms
- Office space
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, the postholder will be responsible for all aspects of facility management in relation to buildings and premises at Plas y Brenin, including maintenance, housekeeping, catering, vending, on-site health and safety, procurement and contract management, security, utilities and equipment.
They will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, which works collectively to deliver Plas y Brenin’s strategic objectives, and will provide direct leadership for the Hospitality (incorporating Housekeeping and Catering) and Maintenance functions. The postholder will hold responsibility for managing the Facilities budget, and work closely with the Chief Executive on capital investment and site development projects over the coming years.
We are looking for an experienced business leader with a proven track record in developing and implementing facilities strategies within similarly diverse and technically complex facilities portfolios, with significant demonstrable operational expertise. The post holder will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering or facilities management, or a related field.
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Proven experience as a Facilities Manager or relevant position, with experience in property strategy, space management, building maintenance, administration and contract management
- Being well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
Additionally, a relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFM) will be an advantage.
Interested candidates should download our candidate pack, which can be viewed below:
Download a copy of the candidate pack here.
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000
Applications should consist of a CV and cover letter, and be sent to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 13 October.