As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
About the role:
We are looking for a kitchen porter who is able to work as part of a team to effectively carry out a variety of cleaning, food service, preparation and service duties to ensure the smooth operation of our kitchen.
If you are able to work as part of a kitchen team, ensuring adherence to all health and safety, hygiene, and all operational kitchen procedures, and are passionate about providing the best possible service to our customers, then you may be the person we are looking for.
What we Offer:
In return we offer:
- Opportunities for development
- Permanent, year round work
- Health and wellbeing support for all employees
- Free and discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Staff discount in our on-site shop
- Free packed lunches for staff working off-site, free soup and rolls for on-site staff at lunch times, and our famous daily cake at around 5pm.
- 25% discount on meals ordered through our bar
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Free river access at Canolfan Tryweryn
- Discounted B&B for staff and family members (limits apply).
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org