As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector – from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures. Owned by Sport England, Plas y Brenin is managed on their behalf by the educational charity, the Mountain Training Trust.
We’re looking for Seasonal General Assistants to help support the centre’s operations from June to September. You’ll be working across all the following areas of the business, getting brilliant all-round experience at a busy centre:
- Kitchen and Catering
- Equipment Stores
Why work with us?
Plas y Brenin is a hugely rewarding place to work; you’ll benefit from being at the heart of the outdoor sector and be surrounded by people with a passion for adventure sports. Further benefits of being a part of our incredible team are:
- Free and discounted places on scheduled Plas y Brenin courses
- Staff discount in our on-site shop and with a huge range of clothing and equipment providers
- Free hire of a range of equipment from our stores
- Free use of on-site facilities including our climbing wall and training wall, rolling pool, strength and conditioning suite and mountain bike track
- Free river access at Canolfan Tryweryn
- 25% discount on meals ordered through our bar
Contract length: June to September
Salary: £8.91 per hour
To apply, please send an email and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org