Before you book onto a Climbing Wall Development Instructor assessment, make sure you have done the following:
- You must have attended a Climbing Wall Development Instructor training course, or Climbing Wall Leading Award (or have been granted exemption from training).
- You must be familiar with the syllabus.
- You must have logged a minimum of 100 different lead climbs, at least half of which must be a grade of French 6a or above at 3 different major climbing walls.
- You must have assisted or observed at least 5 teaching leading sessions delivered by a suitably qualified person. These 5 sessions must have personal reflective comments recorded on DLOG.
- You must have physically attended and completed (i.e. not online) a first aid course which involved at least one full day or eight hours of instruction and included an element of assessment.
The Climbing Wall Development Instructor assessment is a minimum of 6 hours.