Before you book onto a Climbing Wall Development Instructor assessment, make sure you have done the following:
- You must have attended a Climbing Wall Development Instructor training course (or have been granted exemption from training).
- You must be familiar with the syllabus.
- You must have logged a minimum of 100 different lead climbs, at least half of which must be a grade of French 6a or above at 3 different major climbing walls.
- You must have assisted or observed at least 5 teaching leading sessions delivered by a suitably qualified person. These 5 sessions must have personal reflective comments recorded on DLOG.
- You must hold a current first aid certificate.
The Climbing Wall Development Instructor assessment is a minimum of 6 hours.