Before you attend a Climbing Wall Instructor assessment, you must be at least 18 years old and have done the following;
- Attended a Climbing Wall Instructor (or Climbing Wall Award) training course (or have been granted exemption)
- Familiarised yourself with the syllabus
- Logged a minimum of 30 visits to at least three different climbing walls led a minimum of 40 climbs on indoor walls be confident at climbing routes at Fr 4
- Assisted in the supervision of at least 15 instructed sessions on at least two different walls including a large public facility in a variety of contexts. At least five of these sessions must have personal reflective comments recorded on DLOG
- Hold a current first aid certificate, minimum 8 hours and relevant to your work as a Climbing Wall Instructor
The Climbing Wall Instructor assessment is a minimum of 6 hours.